Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Aloe Vera First Aid






My wife is no wimp. She gets hurt, stung, bruised, broken and she just deals with it. So when I actually saw her wince the other day as she arrived home from sampling and selling tea - I knew something "not good" had happened. She burned the back of her fingers using someone's teapot. She was in real pain. She got out of the car and went directly to the back yard where our Aloe Vera plants reside. I grabbed some large scissors and cut some off, slit & split it and applied it to her burn. Instant relief. It works much better than the goop in the bottles.  I think we are going to consider growing some other medicinal plants if they work as well as the AV plant. Let us know if you have any recommendations.

2 comments:

  1. Make sure it was Aloe barbadensis, any other kind might give you dermatitis. Anna and I learned that in our plant class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creosote bush is another great desert medicinal. It has excellent anti-viral/fungal/bacterial/inflammatory properties. I made a salve from it that I use for many things.

    ReplyDelete